If you are among those women, who like to keep changing their nail looks regularly, then you must have come across a few terms like nail polish/varnish, nail paint/lacquer, etc. However, many women are yet confounded concerning the Difference between Nail Polish and Nail Paint and whether they should use which one of either. But, nail Polish and nail paint are two different accessories of nails. Although there is no much of a Difference between Nail Paint and Nail Polish, both of them contain some certain basic variations. The fact is that the contest of Nail Paint vs Nail Polish yet exists, based on which is more useful, wanted, or influencing. Coming to Nail Polish vs Nail Paint, let’s know their fundamental implications.
What is Nail Polish?
Nail polishes are applied as a varnish that provides shine and colors to your nails. It is preferred because it paints your nail without any harmful effects. It’s more like a much-needed moisturizer for the nail’s surface, which helps the nails to grow.
What is Nail Paint?
Nail Paints are applied for adding color and providing a smooth finish to your nails. Moreover, it is consists of acrylic colors. Besides, it also helps in protecting your nails from cracking and splitting.
Now, let’s take a look at their differences!
Nail Paint vs Nail Polish
In the content of Nail Paint vs Nail Polish, it’s better to know their exceptions, so that we can choose accordingly, which one to apply and which will suit us more. A few primary Difference between Nail Paint and Nail Polish is:
- Availability– Nail Paints are available in only specific tones and range, and are also recommended by expert stylists. But, in the case of Nail Polish, it is present in many various shades and hues.
- Made with –Nail paint/lacquer contains alcohol, which is dissolved in a solvent that is added in the nitrocellulose. Whereas, nail polish/varnish is made up of acrylic colors, i.e., nitrocellulose, suspended in some solution, such as butyl acetate solvent. Plus, some colors and pigments are also added to it for its preparation.
- Consistency – Nail paints are chip-resistant and even more durable in comparison to nail polish.
- Functions– Nail paint gives protection by providing a thick coating for nails so that your nails don’t break easily. In contrast, nail polish gives an attractive, fancy, and decorative look to the nail by giving varnish.
- Time Duration– Nail paints being thicker, requires more time to dry than nail polish.
Note: Anybody can use both Nail Paint and Nail Polish for applying on the fingernails and toenails.
The difference between Nail Polish and Nail Paint varies from different choices of different age groups, interest in colors, objectives of use, brand or quality, quantity, etc. to express one’s personality, preference, emotions, and, especially for enhancing fashion. So, try out your favorite shades of both Nail Polish and Nail Paint from your trusted brands, and get ready to rock your nail looks!
Also, read the articles whose links are given below: