All your initial steps in the process of Search Engine Optimisation of your webpage will go waste if you don’t perform the most important step-Off Page SEO. This step gives a perfection to your SEO process.
When we talk about Off Page SEO, the most important thing that comes to mind is Link Building or Making Backlinks.
“Link Building is the process of making Backlinks of your website or web pages on other websites or blogs having higher Page Rank(PR) and Page Authority(PA)”
Note:- Backlinks are actually the ‘Inbound Links’ (directing to your page) of any page of your website on any other site.
Backlinks are of two types:- Do-Follow Backlinks and No-Follow Backlinks. No-Follow Backlinks don’t give SEO advantage, so Do-Follow Backlinks are given importance in Search Engine Optimisation.
Off Page SEO is mainly all about Link Building. More the high-quality Backlinks (Do-Follow Backlinks with high PR and PA) you have for your webpage, the higher rank you will get in Search Engines like Google.
Some Actionable Tips for Off Page SEO
Follow the off page seo checklist, as given below, to complete this process:
- Submit to Search Engines: You should submit your website and its sitemap to all search engines like Google, Bing etc. Search Engines will not be able to crawl and index your website’s pages if you don’t do the submission to them.
- Directory Submission: Submit your website’s link to some popular directories. It will provide a strong and high-quality backlink to your website. You can search for such directories in google and find hundreds of results for this.
- Commenting on Posts: The easiest way to get backlinks is to comment on the posts of some popular blogs with high PR and PA domain. Although most of the blogs give No-Follow links by comments, yet you should also make a few of such backlinks also.
- Guest Posting: Several popular blogs also offer Guest-Posting. Guest Posting is actual the opportunity to submit and get your article posted on such popular blog. In such posts, you can mention the URL of your website or webpage which will provide you a high-quality backlink.
- Free Classifieds: You can post and display the ads about your website on Free Classifieds like OLX, Quikr etc. This is also a good way to promote your website.
- Article Directories: There are many free article directories available online. You can write a good quality article about a topic closely related to the niche of your website and submit that article to such directories. In signature line at the bottom part of your article, you can provide a link to your website. If your article is approved by the admin of the directory, it will be displayed on it. This will provide you a quality backlink as well as some referred traffic.
- Social Media: Nowadays, social media is a great method of promotion. You should make a profile or page about your website on various social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram etc. Add your website URL on these social profiles and try to get as much follower as possible. Such social signals will also give a positive impact on search engine ranking.
- Posting in Forums: Search for some online forums related to the niche of your website. Post replies to the questions or queries of the users or members of that Forum. You can include the link to your website at the end of your reply. It will provide you a backlink. Make sure you are using the Forums which provide Do-Follow backlinks.
I hope this simple off page seo tutorial will help you in doing Off Page SEO of your website effectively.