In case you are in search of a free PDF editor for Windows 10, you have landed here on the right webpage. Below I have shared my list of top-10 best free PDF editors for Windows 10.
PS: Here, you will know about the best black and white printer for your home use. Check it out.
List of The Best Free PDF Editor (Windows 10)
1) PDFelement Pro
PDFelement Pro is one of the best free PDF editors for Windows 10, 7, 8, Vista, and XP. It offers both a free trial version as well as a paid version.
- It is an easy-to-use tool.
- Along with ease in editing the PDF documents, adding markups and annotations is also possible with the use of this tool.
- You can make use of this tool even for creating PDF files from MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, etc.
- There is also a feature to split and merge PDF files.
- Adding watermarks and e-signature to file is also possible with this tool.
- In addition, you can add password encryption to your file.
- When it comes to the trial version (free) of PDFelement, you will be offered limited features.
2) PDF Buddy
PDF Buddy is an online tool for editing PDF files. So you will not have to make any downloading before starting using the tool. All you will need to do is just upload a PDF file and start editing it.
- The tool is quite simple as well as easy-to-use.
- There is no doubt in the efficiency offered by the tool.
- Adding images and text to the file is possible with this tool.
- You can add to the security of your file by adding a signature to it.
- There is also a feature to remove objects from the file.
- The features like creating PDF files, merging files, etc are not available.
3) Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
It is another efficient PDF editor that comes with very useful features like edit, Convert, Annotate, and many more.
- It is a professional PDF editor that facilitates some advanced features as well.
- The interface that it comes with is quite intuitive.
- Using this tool is very easy.
- Editing scanned PDF files is also possible because there is also available OCR technology.
- As compared to other PDF editors available in the market, it is more expensive.
4) Nitro Pro
Nitro Pro is another PDF editor in this list of the best free PDF editor for Windows 10. It offers 2 versions: Personal & Business.
- There are features for editing and creating PDF files.
- You can merge the PDF files also.
- The tool is very easy to use.
- The process to edit the PDF files with Nitro Pro is very fast.
- You can edit even scanned PDF’s with the use of this tool.
- It is also possible to secure a PDF file with a sign.
- You will be offered limited features in the trial version.
5) IceCream PDF Split & Merge
There is no doubt that this tool offers limited features to its users. But it is still quite popular. That’s because it is quite easy to use.
- Splitting and merging of PDF files are possible.
- There is also a feature to add encryption to the files, thus increasing security.
- You can also make use of this tool for rearranging various pages of a PDF file.
- The features are limited and it is not possible to make full editing of PDF files.
Another PDF editing tool that is also available online is PDFescape. All of the operating systems are supported by this online tool. Being an online tool, it is no need to download anything in order to start using the tool.
- You can add images and text to the PDF files.
- The tool is quite fast and easy-to-use.
- Existing texts can also be removed from the PDF files with the use of this tool.
- Creating PDF files is not possible with the use of this tool.
7) Foxit Phantom PDF
Apart from editing PDF, there are many features like splitting, merging, annotating, etc. It also offers a free trial for 14 days.
- It supports various versions Windows operating system.
- The features to encrypt and sign PDF files are also available.
- PDF files can also be created with the use of this tool.
- You can also convert the PDF files into other formats.
- There is a feature to create PDF forms.
- There are limited features provided in the free trial.
You must be aware that Inkscape is not primarily a PDF editor. It is actually a vector graphics editor. But, still, you can make use of this tool for editing PDF files.
- It supports Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- The tool is quite easy to use.
- PDF graphics can be easily edited with the use of this tool.
- Deleting and inserting images in the PDF files is possible.
- The features are limited because it is not primarily a PDF editor.
9) Sejda PDF Editor
It is a totally free tool that comes with many useful features like adding comments, adding a signature, editing content, and many more.
- Editing PDF files with this tool is very easy.
- It is also possible to add links to your PDF files.
- Fillable PDF forms can also be created.
- There is no limit to the number of documents that can be edited.
- The interface is not so comfortable.
- OCR technology is not available.
10) Soda PDF
Another PDF editor that I would like to include in this list of the best free PDF editor for Windows 10 is this Soda PDF. Various versions offered are Standard, Professional & Pro+OCR.
- It is an easy-to-use PDF editor.
- Its price is very low.
- You can sign and secure your PDF document.
- The OCR capability of this editor is really appreciable.
- You will need to pay more for more advanced features.
All of the PDF editors mentioned above are actually compatible with almost all versions of Windows like 10, 8, 7, Vista, etc. You can choose the tool that is most suitable for you.