After finding the Target Keyword and 2-3 LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) keywords for your page’s or post’s content, next step is to do On-page SEO.
On-Page SEO is the process to optimize your content so that it can become search engine friendly. And it can easily rank high for a particular Target Keyword.
Some Actionable Tips for On-Page SEO
Follow the on page seo checklist, as given below, to complete this process:-
- Meta Title: Meta Title is the title of your page to be displayed when it is indexed in search results. This title should be optimised for your Target Keyword i.e., it should contain your Target Keyword. It will be the best practice to use the Keyword in the beginning of the title. The title should not contain more than 70 characters. Don’t use your keyword more than once in the Meta Title.
- Meta Description: Meta description is the description of your page content displayed below Meta Title in search results. It should not contain more than 160 characters. Use your Target Keyword at least once in the Meta Description also.
- Heading Tags: Heading tags are (H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6). H1 is the main heading or Title of your page content which is to be used only once. Other Tags like H2, H3, H4 etc., all are Sub-headings. Use your Target Keyword in Heading Tags (Once in H1 and also at least once in any of your sub-headings)
- Keyword Density: You have to use a mix of Target Keyword and LSI Keywords in which Target Keyword will occupy more space than the LSI Keywords. Keyword density should be 1-3% having a mixture of Target Keyword and LSI Keywords. I will recommend 1.5 to 2% Keyword Density.
Use 1% Target Keyword and 0.5% LSI Keywords
Use 1.5% Target Keyword and 0.5% LSI Keywords
Note: Keyword density is the ratio of the number of times the Keyword is repeated and the total number of words in the content and then multiplied by 100 to calculate the percentage.
- Image Alt Tag: Image Alt Tag is the text inserted behind any image by reading which search engine knows what that image is all about. If you insert one or more images in your content, you should insert your Target Keyword, at least once in Image Alt Tag.
- Page URL: The URL of your page should be as short as possible and it should also contain your Target Keyword.
- Highlight Keyword:- You should highlight your Target Keyword in the content to make search engine crawler know about your main Keyword easily. You can highlight by making it bold.
- Internal Links: Use some Internal Links (at least 2-3) within your page or post’s content so that reader can easily go to some important recommended pages on your blog or website.
- User-Friendly Website: Your website should be User-friendly and easy to read the content and should also be responsive to be used on any device.
- Length of Content: Length of your content should be as much as possible. It should contain at least more than 300 words. I will recommend 1000-1200 words for better ranking in search engines. Lengthy and useful content is considered to be more informative by search engines.
- Optimizing loading speed of your page: Loading speed of the page to be optimised should be as high as possible. Loading time should be less than 10 seconds. To optimise loading speed, heavy images and scripts are avoided to be used in the page. To insert an image, first compress its size to the minimum as much as possible without compromising the quality.
- Sitemap: Use sitemap on your site for Crawler to easily crawl all your pages and posts on your website.
By following these easy and actionable tips, you can give perfection to the On-Page SEO of your webpage. If you are using WordPress, you can use some SEO plugin which will make your On-Page SEO easy and comfortable. I hope this brief on page seo tutorial will help you in doing effective On-Page SEO of your website.